Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Best Colors for Your Skin Tone !

No matter what time of the year it may be -- winter, spring, fall, summer -- I always tend to wear the same colors. Black, blue, and deep purple. My closet is color-coordinated (yes, I'm aware this is completely OCD).
My reasoning has always been that black makes me look slimmer, blue makes my blue eyes stand out, and purple makes me look more tan. And while that may be the case, there is a more universal, scientific reason for why these colors look good on me -- it's because I have a cool skin tone.
different skin tones
Blues, purples, and pinks look great on those with cool skin tones, while those with warm skin tones look better in reds, yellows, oranges, and browns. And, well, black makes all of us look more slim, so it's a win-win for all of us with that hue.

Looks like I was smart with my style and didn't even know it. Don't you love it when that happens?

So how can you tell which type of skin tone you have? Cool or warm? Well, there are a couple of little tests you can do:

For the first, you need to go outside so you get complete natural light. Take a good look at the color of your veins. If you have blue veins, you have a cool skin tone; if they're more of a green color, you're warm.

Second test, take something that's pink, and something that's orange, preferably of the same material, and hold each up to your face. See which hue makes your skin glow. If it's the orange, you'll look best in warm shades. If it's the pink, cool tones are for you.

Do you know what skin tone you have? What colors do you look good in?

No comments:

Post a Comment